The first step in actually a bridge between action planning and taking action. You must firmly commit to do it. Commitment strategies are important – what will keep you going when you want to quit or are tired of trying? There are many factors that will affect your commitment: accountability, determination, structure and task management, and motivation.
The very first thing to ask yourself, before anything else, is “How much do I want to achieve this? How badly do I want it?”
Resources & FAQs
- Coaching FAQ
- How does DBT work?
- What are the goals in DBT?
- How does a DBT Skills Training Group Work?
- Assumptions about our participants
- What are some problems that might come up?
- DBT Skills 1: Introduction and Mindfulness
- DBT Skills 2: Interpersonal Effectiveness
- DBT Skills 3: Emotion Regulation
- DBT Skills 4: Distress Tolerance, Part 1
- DBT Skills 5: Distress Tolerance, Part 2
- Payment and Insurance
- First Appointments: What to expect >
- Posts for the Journey